Wednesday, April 14, 2010

11 months!

I thought I better get this post out soon since we are quickly approaching Miriam's first birthday!! I can't believe it. I know this sounds so cliche, but this year has flown by. I'll get more sentimental with her first birthday post, but Miriam has added so much to our little family. We love her so!

This was her first time on a swing. The girls and I had an impromtu playdate at a nearby park one night and my friend Shawna was there with her camera. She took several pictures of us which I'll share in another post. I'm glad she was there to capture Miriam's first swing ride!


I just took these pictures at home that same day (it was actually April 1st). I wanted to be sure that I got some 11 month pictures of her before I take her to get her 1 year pictures taken. What has Miriam been up to lately? Well, she is now crawling, although it's not a traditional "on her hands & knees" crawling. She sticks her right leg out and then kind of drags the left leg over. But, it gets her to wherever she needs to go! We're going to have to get the gates up soon, I'm afraid. She also has been trying to pull herself up on things. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she'll do that too. She loves taking a bath with her big sister and splashes & giggles like crazy. She doesn't like grass. I've put her down in the yard a couple of times and she just sits there with her little hands up like she doesn't want to touch the grass. What a little diva!

As you can see, she's got quite a bit of hair. We're going to take her in this weekend to get a haircut. I took Eleanor in right before her 1st birthday, so it's about the same timing. Miriam just has so much hair on top and it looks like a really bad comb-over. :) I also wanted to mention that Eleanor has become quite the watch-dog for Miriam. She'll call out at me, "Mom, Miriam is getting close to the TV" or "Mom, Miriam is getting too close to my Barbies." Eleanor will definitely have to take some lessons soon in sharing! :)
I've got some other posts I'm working on, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I love that little girl!!! She's a bright spot in the lives of the Anderson and Culloton families. We are blessed!!
Grandma Mari Lee

Anonymous said...

I (heart) Miriam! She is just so sweet!! Glad I could capture her first time in the swing!!

Shawna

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Eleanor is such a good watchdog. You were, too, Brynn, with Jordan and Joe. Always "checking" on them. Love the pics of Miriam and especially the last shots of her little topknot ponytail. Gramma A.