Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sibling Class

Yesterday afternoon Michael and I took Eleanor to the Sibling Class here at Mayo. It was for 2 to 3 year olds and so it was geared for that age group. I would highly recommend this class! The instructor was so great with the kids. She first read a book to the kids with pictures of what the baby looks like inside Mommy's tummy. We then all took a tour of the Labor & Delivery area - including the nursery. There were two babies in the nursery and one of the nurses brought out one of them and unwrapped him for the kids to see. Eleanor was just enthralled! We then saw where Mommy will be in her hospital room. It was a great reminder for Michael and I too (on some of those hospital policies!).

Of course, playing with the babies was the best part! Eleanor learned to hold the baby gently...

wrap it in a blanket & change its diaper.

She was such a proud looking little girl in the class! We then took her to McDonald's for dinner as a special treat. Admittedly, it's our favorite time of year at McDonald's due to the infamous Shamrock Shake!! :) So, needless to say, it was a treat for us too!

6 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Very sweet - she will be a wonderful big sister!

BAGVLI said...

P.S. I was just showing Violet your new pictures and realized that Eleanor really looks like Michael in the last picture. I've always thought she looks like you, but there's something about her expression.... am I right?

Natalie said...

That's so funny - before I even read the comments, I was looking at the last picture and thought that she really looks like Michael, too!

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Very precious--what a neat idea for siblings! She looks like she's in baby heaven! Laurence & Karma

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! How sweet is that???
What a fun day for the 3 of you. Just a reminder that time is going fast, and that beautiful baby will be here before we know it. I believe Eleanor is going to be an amazing BIG sister. And yes, she does look more like a Culloton in the last picture. Go Cully's..
Mari Lee

J and M said...

What good parents you are prepping her! Who is coming to stay and help? (:

As an aside.....I have MANY fond memories of shamrock shakes. I LOVE THEM with my life!!! I had forgotten about them until you reminded me.