Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fieldtrip!


Before I get to our fieldtrip pictures, we had to take a couple of pictures of Eleanor's new haircut. I took her in yesterday for her first "bob." Her hair was just getting too snarly and hard-to-manage. At Cost Cutters she had to stay so still in the chair so that they could get it even and she did a great job! They took off about an inch and a half off. I couldn't believe it had gotten that long!

Here is the back.


OK, now for our fieldtrip. We've done this a couple of times, but I've never brought my camera. We take the city bus downtown and visit the library. We live right on a bus route and I take the bus when I go to work and she always comments about the busses that go by. This wasn't her first time riding, but it was still exciting! Here she is waiting for the bus to come (on a corner right across the street from our house).

Riding the bus is so exciting!

Here she is at the library looking at the fishtank - one of our favorite things about going to the library!

Another favorite thing is looking at this huge homemade dollhouse on display. As you can see, it has real working lights! The details are amazing - tiny little toys, people, & furniture. It's so fun to look in all the rooms. The front of the house is also fully finished and decorated - complete with a huge cherry tree in the front yard!

We always have such a nice time going to the library. We got 5 new books and a DVD.
On a side note: We missed our departure bus from downtown today and I was so frustrated! I was so sure that it left at 11:55 and instead it left at 11:42. We literally saw it leave while we were waiting to cross the street. At that time of day the busses only leave every hour. So, here I am stuck downtown with a hungry toddler and I'm carrying a purse, packback, and our new library treasures! Luckily, I thought to just head to my work building and there were several of my co-workers eating lunch. They offered her some of their extra food to satisfy her until we could get home! Thanks co-workers - you know who you are!
On a second side note: All of these pictures were taken with our brand new camera! I've been so disappointed with our other digital camera (which many of you may know!). My aunt & uncle, Janis & Jim, kept their eye out for me and they ended up purchasing this great camera (with some extra coupons) from Cost Co for us. So far, I'm so happy with it! Thanks J & J!

4 comments:

BAGVLI said...

SO cute! I love the new haircut, Eleanor! As you know, I'm a big fan of the "bob"! - and the "bill", for that matter! :) Ha Ha! Aren't I funny?

How fun to document the fieldtrip, too! Good pictures, Brynn! I've actually never been to the Rochester library, but we go once a week here in Stewie.

We should plan a playdate soon - if my kids ever get healthy enough! Geesh!

David and Karen Danielson said...

Eleanor's haircut is adorable and just right for a sophisticated big sister-to-be! That library dollhouse has been there since my boys were little (yes, THAT long!). They still remember it. Your trips to the library are a great investment. Just recently, our Josh (now almost 28 - yes, THAT old!) asked me how I knew to do all the right things when they were young. After I picked myself up off the floor, I asked, "What things were so right?" His reply - "You always took us to the library, and we brought home piles of books. I loved that place!" So you see, you're doing all the right things too!!!

Karen

Roseys said...

We're glad the camera is working well. I think the pictures are great. Of course, the subject matter is so cute that it's hard not to look great. Miss you, janis and jim

Anonymous said...

We love the new "do"--can't wait to see everyone in March. You're making nice memories, Brynn. Love, Bahnka & G. Karma