As of Sunday, Eleanor said her name for the first time! Michael was reading her a book before bed and the dedication in the front of the book was "to Eleanor." He said the name and repeated her name and then boom...just like that she said her own name (Eh la ah no) clear as a bell. I ran upstairs to hear for myself and sure enough she said it about 5 more times for us! It was so fun. I've included a video below which took all week to post (due to a variety of reasons). I guess to us parents it's so obvious that she's saying her name...but you can be the judge!
On the same day I shot the video, I took this cute picture of Eleanor playing underneath the piano while Michael was playing. I have a feeling this might be a very familiar site for many years to come! :)Editor's note: As you can see from the time - it's early! I was having trouble uploading this video last night and so I let it run all night long. So, here I am in my bathrobe getting this posted. It's the least I can do for all of our adoring fans!
2 comments:
I totally got the "Bye" - not sure on the "Eleanor," but she obviously thinks that's what she's saying! She eats like Isaac - with speed and determination! Pray she'll have the same focus on homework someday!!
Karen
Hooray! So exciting! This is such a fun age as they learn new words everyday. VERY cute!!! I love to watch her eat, too. Her little brain is like a sponge right now. Gloria called herself "Doh-wee-uh" when she was Eleanor's age. Too funny!
Post a Comment