This week has gone by so fast that it seems crazy that I will be boarding the plane tomorrow to come home to Rochester! But, alas, all good things must come to an end. My aunt & uncle have been such gracious hosts and I'm so grateful to Michael (and my mother-in-law for helping with Eleanor!) for "letting" me take a week to spend with my relatives. As I said before, we went to Whidbey Island yesterday. We took the ferry to get there and visited several small, charming towns along the island. We ate lunch at a little place right along the ocean. Can't get fish & chips much better than that! Today my aunt and I went shopping for most of the day - had to get those deals before coming home! We also spend the evening with my cousin, Erik, and his girlfriend, Angela. They were wonderful hosts and grilled turkey burgers for us all. The best thing about being here is that I've gotten to see where all my relatives are now living. They were Minnesota natives but have all moved out here now, but after having Eleanor it was more difficult for me to make the trip. So, I feel much better now knowing where everyone lives and hangs out. It is beautiful here with the mountains and ocean and I can see why they love it!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Seattle - Part II
There is one more thing I forgot to mention in my last post. On Thursday when we went to Discovery Park we ate at a place called Chinooks afterward. While we were there, we slowing started to see a Red Hat Lady group filtering into the restaurant. However, we quickly realized that these were not women, but men (transvestites to me more precise!). Or, they were the ugliest bunch of women you ever did see! God bless 'em...but, they seriously don't know how to dress or put on makeup! :)
Editor's note: my uncle is putting all of our their pictures onto a CD for me and that way I can upload them when I get home. So, I'll get some pictures out on the blog soon.
Posted by Brynn at 7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment