Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rose Petal Cottage

Welcome to Eleanor's Rose Petal Cottage - an early birthday gift from Grandpa Pat & Mary! This is just the sweetest thing. It's a life-sized (if you're a toddler) house with all the accessories. There are 2 sides to the house and in the picture above Eleanor is walking into the house through the dutch doors.

This is a picture of how the two sides nest inside of one another and all the accessories can be stored. Accessories include: sink, stove/oven, washer, cradle, changing table & a muffin baking set.

Here is a shot of Daddy putting it together. It didn't take too long...not like some other things he's done!

There are so many things to do in the cottage...


Wash dishes (note the apron!)


Put baby down for a nap


Make muffins


& change baby's diaper!


Eleanor loves her cottage and plays in it a lot. Thanks again, Pat & Mary!


8 comments:

Courtney said...

I know a 4 year old who would be in 7th Heaven with that thing - super cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey - guess what? I finally have this figured out. I decided it's time a Culloton figures out how to comment on this blog (smile). Eleanor is a very lucky young lady. This should keep her entertained for hours. Good job Michael, it getting it put together. You exude the patience of a saint.
Grandma ML

Anonymous said...

Me again - okay, so I'll have to check the spelling before I hit "Publish". I meant to say Good job Michael, "in" getting it put together. Hey guys, have a great time at the lake.
Mom/Mari Lee/GrandmaML

BAGVLI said...

We're going to have to come over soon because our girls would absolutely LOVE to play in the cottage with Eleanor! :)

Love the pics of little mommy "Eleanor".

Love, Amy

P.S. By the way - Eleanor is definitely ready to be a big sister! She will be such a good helper! :)

Anonymous said...

Eleanor looks like a little rose petal in her pink jamies and apron--perfectly coordinated for play in her cottage! A far cry from our series of apple crates that signified our play house in Billings, although I know Eleanor is perfectly willing to pretend with a Huggies box for her crib at any time. Darling present, may I say! Karma

Roseys said...

Eleanor is growing up so fast. She's a doll. I would love to get a couple of hugs and kisses from her, ha! She looks right at home in her cottage. Jim came downstairs to let me know there was a new entry in the blog and mentioned that the pictures were so cute. Love you all, Janis and Jim

Courtney said...

Brynn -- I don't seem to have an updated email for you and Michael, or Mari Lee (can you send it to me courtneyhillyoungquist@gmail.com) regarding our blog going private and wanting to be sure you're invited to view!

Thanks!

Amy said...

Brynn ~ Eleanor is absolutely adorable! Siri kept telling me so, but I hadn't seen any photos of her, but now I concur : )