July 29th, 2008 - 8 Years!!
For our last night in ND we went to the Texas Roadhouse (romantic, eh?) to celebrate our anniversary. We were married July 29th, 2000 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Moorhead, MN. I wish I had a picture I could post, but digital photography was not even a concept that long ago! And, alas, we don't have a scanner. Oh well...you'll have to be satisfied with this awesome picture of us at the restaurant.
Karma & Laurence - who have set an unprecedented example to us kids not only in their marriage, but in life.
This Marriage
by Eric Whitacre
poem by Jalal al-Din Rumi
May these vows and this marriage be blessed.
May it be sweet milk, this marriage, like wine and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion, a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name, an omen as welcomes the moon in a clear blue sky.
I am out of words to describe how spirit mingles in this marriage.
For our last night in ND we went to the Texas Roadhouse (romantic, eh?) to celebrate our anniversary. We were married July 29th, 2000 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Moorhead, MN. I wish I had a picture I could post, but digital photography was not even a concept that long ago! And, alas, we don't have a scanner. Oh well...you'll have to be satisfied with this awesome picture of us at the restaurant.
Karma & Laurence - who have set an unprecedented example to us kids not only in their marriage, but in life.This Marriage
by Eric Whitacre
poem by Jalal al-Din Rumi
May these vows and this marriage be blessed.
May it be sweet milk, this marriage, like wine and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion, a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name, an omen as welcomes the moon in a clear blue sky.
I am out of words to describe how spirit mingles in this marriage.
3 comments:
Aaww - so sweet! Happy Anniversary! How fun to celebrate with your parents...and Eleanor! :)
It does seem like yesterday, Brynn, when you were graduating from CC and also planning a wedding. It was an eventful summer as Jordan had just graduated from Century and was getting ready to go to Concordia. Moorhead got flooded and you dealt with that in your apartment and developed hives from all the stress! Your Aunt Sharon still says it was the most beautiful wedding she's been to, other than Jordan's! What a compliment. Love, Mom
Cute cute cute family!
8 years later Brynn is even more gorgeous, Mike is more dapper, and Eleanor is Baby Gap Ad worthy (aka - totally adorable!)
Post a Comment