A beautiful ND sunset in my parent's front yard.
We're taking our first family vacation of the summer and heading west to the great state of North Dakota to visit my folks. I suppose most people wouldn't get too excited about heading to ND (flat, boring?) but we just love it out there. First of all, it's a great way for us to totally relax and get away from work and other responsibilities (and I'm mostly speaking about Michael here!). I think it's really great for him to be completely away. As most of you know, he doesn't really stop thinking about work much because work is also his passion and life-long hobby.Anyway, we love traveling out to ND because my parent's house in on 5 acres of land just outside of town. It's very peaceful and quiet out there. Michael and Dad go golfing almost every day and Mom and I bum around with Eleanor. We don't have any real plans...and that's OK!
Our first stop will be St. Cloud where we'll bunk for the night at Mari Lee's. A 9 hour car trip is a little daunting with an almost-two-year-old! Thanks to ML for hosting us. She's also taking care of Dolly for us as traveling with an almost-two-year-old and small dog is also not always fun! :)
I may not have an opportunity to blog while we're in ND as my parent's internet service is iffy at best. So, you'll all have to be patient! I'm sure I'll have many pictures to post when we return next week.
4 comments:
Have a wonderful and safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Let's get together when you return...maybe even a trip to the Spam Museum. My girls want to go again! :)
We are very much looking forward to the visit! You make it sound as if golfing is casual and not a passion. What? By the way, that is a sunrise. All our love, LA
Looking forward to seeing you soon. It's been in the 80's but is rather muggy--it'll remind you of good ole MN! Love, Karma
I'm missing you guys and your blog. When do you return? How are you? I'm sure you're having fun! Travel safely and hello to everyone!
Post a Comment