Saturday, March 20, 2010

Miriam - 10 month update

Before Miriam turns 11 months (in about 9 days!) I thought I'd better get an update on the blog for her 10 month status. She's really grown & developed over the last 4 or 5 weeks. She's still not crawling, but is able to get to pretty much get wherever she wants. She keeps trying to scoot backward and I think that's hindering her ability to actually crawl. But, I'm fine with that for now because she can't get too far out of my sight! The other thing she just started doing is getting herself back up into a sitting position (from laying/rolling on the floor). She also likes to do this in her crib when she gets up in the morning or after a nap. She looks so proud when we walk into her room!

She still eats quite a bit of baby food (along with her bottles) and just started to eat more finger foods. I started with Cheerios (instead of those Gerber baby puffs) and she really liked those. So, now we're on to crackers (Ritz are her favorite!) bananas, & little bits of whole wheat bread. And still with only the 2 bottom teeth, she devours all of it. :)

Check out that little belly over the pants! Love it!

She's a very happy baby! Laughing at Eleanor is still one of her favorite things to do. Eleanor is also so entertaining to Miriam and it's nice to have that aspect. I remember thinking that Eleanor was probably bored with me at home. But, having the sibling interaction is keeping us all busier. With the weather warmer, I was able to open up the porch and get that looking nice again. It works great as a little playroom. All of these pictures were taken in there.
That's it for now!

5 comments:

Anne said...

She is such a little sweetie! Be thankful that she's not on the move yet--as you know they are so much easier that way!! Miles was walking at 10 1/2 months and life has truly not ever been the same since ;) Fun updates and pics!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the 3-season porch outfitted again--it's nice to play near where everyone else is! Miriam is so darling--thanks for the update. Bahnka & G. Karma

BAGVLI said...

Can't believe she'll be ONE soon! Crazy!

Roseys said...

She's adorable. Only 2 months until her birthday. I better get my knitting needles warmed up or I could just send money, ha! It's hard to believe that it's been 10 months already. They grow up too quickly. Love you guys, J & J

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to spend time with Miriam on Thursday and Friday - just the two of us...how EXCITING!!
Grandma Mari Lee