Sunday, January 9, 2011

December 2010

OK...so, I'm just really behind on blogging - but, here it goes. I'm posting some pictures from December. It seemed to go by in a blur, but now here we are in January and it seems like winter is going to last forever! At the beginning of December, Eleanor and I made these stars to hang in our window. I learned how to do it at work by a friend of mine (thanks, Sheila!) and they were really fun to make. They look complicated, but are really simple.


The weekend of Michael's CAE concerts we had a HUGE blizzard. Aunt Sue got here on that Friday night (December 10th) to beat the storm. Well, beat it she did - but she got "stuck" here until Monday! We had over 16 inches dumped on us and it was truly insane. Michael had to cancel the Saturday night concert which I think was a first for Choral Arts. We finally got ourselves dug out by Sunday in the early afternoon (oh..yeah...in the meantime our snowblower decided to die). Anyway, Saturday was a perfect day to make some Christmas treats!

Check out all that snow! Eleanor had so much fun...


Trying to catch some snowflakes on her tongue...


Here are just a couple of pictures I took (I was lazy at making sure to get better pictures!) of our family Christmas as home on December 17th. We had pizza and let the girls open all their presents from us. Oh...and my tree is a work in progress. With a 20-month-old it just wasn't going to be beautiful this year. ;) You can see all the ornaments were all moved to the top half!

Eleanor's "big" present this year was the start of her Calico Critters collection. She received the starter house from us and then went on to get a rabbit family from Grandma Karma & a bedroom set & bunk beds from Grandma Mari Lee. Mari Lee also had a beautiful kid-sized table & chairs made for Eleanor's room. She has her Calico Critters collection (among some other playthings) on her table in her room. Miriam's "big" gift was the Little People Happy Sounds Home. It is so darn cute and makes many noises including the toilet flushing and the door bell ringing. The door bell really gets to Dolly and she immediately thinks someone is at the door!

I have more pictures to post from our holiday travels and I'll get them on the blog soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful to see your Rochester Christmas memories! Nothing like a massive snow storm to put you in the mood for baking! Love, Gramma Karma

Roseys said...

Such cute kids! I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. Love, Auntie Janis

J and M said...

We love those critters. Ellie got a preschool and bathroom this year, and I want to play with them! (: