Friday, September 10, 2010

Dakota Zoo

I'm doing a bit of catch up blogging with this post. I was having some computer issues while I was putting this zoo post together and had to start over with it. This was in North Dakota in August when we took the girls to the Dakota Zoo. It's a very nice zoo and brings back fond memories of when I was a kid. I remember many a visit to the Dakota Zoo both with my parents and on school field trips. A lot has changed over the years, but many things are still the same.

This is a huge replica of a bear named Clyde. Bears named Bonnie & Clyde were the main attraction when I was a kid. Both lived for quite a long time.

Eleanor by the lion fountain in summer 2010.

Eleanor by the lion fountain in summer 2007!


This is on the train that takes you around the longer habitat parts of the zoo. It's really nice because it would just be too far to walk with little kids. There are quite a few very large habitat areas at the zoo.

Toward the end of the train ride we noticed Miriam getting very sleepy...

...and finally she took a little nap. She didn't sleep well at all the first couple of nights we were in ND, so I wasn't surprised at all that she fell asleep in her stroller.

She ended up sleeping for about 45 minutes. Sweet little face!



Miriam was just starting to get her "sea legs" while we were in ND, but she didn't officially start walking until we got home. My parents missed it by just a few days! Bummer...

Even with all the animals there Eleanor was still most interested in playing on this little playground they had! After the zoo we went to McDonald's for lunch. It was a very fun morning/afternoon. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very fun day and beautiful, perfect weather! We'll have to make sure Seth gets there too when he's a little older. Neat that you were able to find the picture in 2007, Brynn. It was really hot that day, I remember! K & L