Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cupcake Party!

Miriam's 1st Birthday party - May 8, 2010



We celebrated Miriam's 1st birthday this past Saturday afternoon. It was a great day (although the weather could have been nicer). On the left is Miriam's face while we were singing Happy Birthday. On the right is her devouring her first cupcake - which she loved! We had hot roast turkey sandwiches, potato salad, veggies, shrimp salad and, of course, the cupcakes.



I got the cupcakes from Daube's and couldn't decide which flavor, so I got both chocolate & carrot cake - YUM!


She ate all the frosting first and then worked slowly on the cake part.


Our family of 4 one year later!


Eleanor loves cupcakes - anything sweet, actually - and couldn't wait to have her cupcake! I think she wishes it was someone's birthday every day.

Grandma Mari Lee, Bahnka & Grandma Karma Karma

Godparents - Matt & Melissa



Auntie Susie was there too - this was Miriam's favorite birthday gift. A simple ball! Just goes to show...


Mari Lee got Miriam two new bathing suits and we just had to try one of them on! The hat & sunglasses are from Grandpa Pat & Mary, who couldn't make it to the party. I'm taking Miriam this afternoon for her 1 year portraits and I'm really hoping to get some shots of her in the sundress that matches this hat and with the sunglasses - we'll see what happens as she doesn't leave those glasses on for very long!

It was a great day - thanks again to all for your presence and your presents!

(On a side note: My friend Jodi was at the party but I neglected to get a picture of her. She broke her ankle badly a few weeks ago and we were happy to host her for the afternoon. Also, "uncle" Dave was going to attend as well and ended up having a softball tournament rescheduled. Bummer...)

5 comments:

Anne said...

Fun! And I especially like your cupcake stand :-)

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful day. Especially cute was finding lots of chocolate cupcake later when we changed Miriam's clothes--the crumbs had certainly infiltrated! She really enjoyed that cupcake--the sweetie! Thanks again for a precious weekend--wonderful concert, birthday & M's Day all rolled into one. Gramma Karma

BAGVLI said...

Oh - it's so hard to believe she's one already! She looked adorable (as always) in her cupcake shirt. Eleanor is looking so old, too! Gheesh! Time flies! It seems like just yesterday that Violet was a baby and we were just becoming friends, doesn't it?!

Glad you had a fun party!

Natalie said...

Aww! How adorable is Miriam? Can't believe she's already one... I remember when you told us you were expecting her. She is just too sweet!

Wish we could have been there. Looks like it was a wonderful day. :)

J and M said...

She really is such a cute gal!!!!! We must see you guys sometime in our lives (: We are in MN in August, just in case you're up in the St.C area????