Thursday, February 7, 2013

How can you make up for a year in one post? I'm going to try.

Where do I even begin to catch up on my blog after almost a full year of not posting a thing (and even before that it was pretty sporadic!)?  I've decided to try and resurrect this because even if not a whole lot of people look at it, it is a very simple way for me to keep track of our family memories...truly an online scrapbook and something I can look back on. 

Our life went through a real whirlwind back in August of 2011 when Michael left to pursue his doctorate at NDSU.  Boy, what a difference a year and a half makes!  In that time Michael got a new job, we put the house on the market, our beloved dog Dolly died, our house was still on the market, we packed & packed some more, I put in my notice at Mayo, more showings on the house, I found a new job, we finally got an offer on the house 2 weeks before moving, we packed up our huge moving truck & drove to Fargo, started our new jobs at Concordia College, lived (for almost 2 months) in a one-bedroom apartment, Eleanor started Kindergarten, Miriam started daycare and got potty-trained, went house shopping, went church shopping, found & purchased a home in Moorhead, got moved in & settled in the new house, had many friends and family members visit us, celebrated our first homecoming since graduating 12 years ago, Michael had his first glorious Concordia Christmas Concert, & we survived the holidays!  Whew.  That was a lot.

Now it's February and I just celebrated my 35th birthday.  Life is starting to feel more and more settled here in Fargo-Moorhead.  We miss our friends back in Rochester a great deal, but have had some occasions to see them!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep up on this blog a little more!  If you're reading this, thanks for being a friend.

4 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Hooray!!!!! I'm so glad you're back. Love you, friend!

Anne said...

You may just inspire me to update my own blog :) Keep it up, girl!! I will be following along!!

SaraJacobson said...

I'm glad to see you're back to the blog! I occassionaly kept checking it just in case...hooray!!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I agree with everyone, it's great to see the blog back in action! Yes it has been a cold and snowy winter but Mother Nature is just welcoming you back to northern MN!