Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jodi & Dave's Wedding



July 23, 2011



Last Saturday was a day that our entire family had been waiting for (with great anticipation!) a long time. It was a truly beautiful day! After a fairly short courtship (who needs to date long when you're 36??) Jodi & Dave got married in a gorgeous ceremony at Bethel Lutheran Church. Here is the lovely wedding party. Eleanor was so proud to be the Flower Girl and she did such a great job! Uncle Mark was Dave's Best Man and Jennine Staven & her son Teddy completed the wedding party as Matron of Honor & Ringbearer.





Here is the lovely Flower Girl & the lovely Bride.


And the lovely Flower Girl and the handsome Groom.



I love this picture - the good-looking guys with Eleanor.


Not only were Eleanor & Mark in the wedding party, but we all were very involved in the wedding. Michael and I sang in an octet with Matt & Melissa, Jon & Siri, and Bill & Amy. It was so fun to sing with all those talented people and it was truly an honor be a part of the ceremony.





Michael with his other (younger) brother, Mark. He's not the twin, obviously. :)


Look at these two cuties! Eleanor & Teddy - they look like they could be on top of a cake!


Mari Lee with her all-grown-up-boys.


Here's Eleanor in the Fellowship Hall. She wanted her picture taken by the cake! She was also ready to dig in to the brunch buffet (the wedding was at 11 am with a brunch reception). I should also explain the doll. Jodi & Dave gave her this American Girl doll (it's a knock-off from Target!) as her flower girl gift. She totally fell in love with this doll and named her Rosa Linda. Her flower girl dress came with a matching doll dress so Rosa Linda wore that for the wedding, but as you can see she then had to change into her reception/party clothes!






We thought we should get some family pictures...which was no easy feat!! Here is Eleanor with Grandma & Bahnka. Miriam was in no mood at that point....



The Culloton Family


The Anderson/Culloton Family

Editor's note: I should really talk about Jodi & Dave's story. For those of you that don't know (I'm not sure who you would be because I've been bragging about this for over a year!) I was the Matchmaker for these two wonderful people. After a very unique set of circumstances in the Fall of 2009, they became friends on Facebook and had their first date (a 4-hour dinner in Duluth) in March 2010. In April of 2010 Jodi seriously broke her ankle and was in bed/handicapable for months. In June 2010 she needed to go to a friend's wedding in Iowa but couldn't drive herself. I suggested she ask Dave to take her (he's off in the summers and is an excellent driver - it makes perfect sense!). The "Driving Miss Daisy" weekend solidified an already budding relationship and by the end of the summer/early fall 2010 they were already discussing an engagement. Yep...it was a perfect match. The lover of Jane Austen books (Jodi) found her romantic English teacher (Dave). I could write so much more about these two...but, I'm sure, they'll live happily ever after!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything about that day was wonderful! Thanks to Jodi & Dave for planning such a beautiful wedding--we were honored to be there. Karma & Laurence

Courtney said...

Hurray for Dave and Jodi - what a wonderful match!

Plus the entire extended Culloton Clan looks fabulous!