Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our little bugs - Happy (belated) Halloween!

We had a wonderful Halloween weekend! The weather was perfectly cool for Trick-or-Treating. Eleanor was easily persuaded (by me!) to be a bee again this year. I knew that I had her old Ladybug costume that would fit Miriam and so I thought it would be cute if they were both bugs. I kept saying to people that I was "going green" this year with the Halloween costumes!


Our little Bumblebee!

Our little Ladybug!

Eleanor got so silly right before we went Trick-or-Treating. She was so excited to go this year! Last year she was fearless and would just go up to each house and knock on the door. This year she was more shy and wanted me there at every door. But, this year she said Trick-or-Treat more consistently and, of course, thank you!

We started out at about 5:30 and so it was still light out. Michael had to get to Honors Choirs rehearsal and so we knew that we'd have to go before dark. But, there were several houses with their lights on and by the time we got home (about 45 minutes to an hour later) it was getting dark. Eleanor was getting cold and just wanted to hand out candy. So, it really worked out nice. She still got a whole bag full of candy and we only went down a couple of blocks!


Saturday (October 30th) was a busy day as we had a Rainbow School Fall Bazaar in the morning and Diane had her annual daycare Halloween party at Quarry Hill Nature Center in the afternoon. The Halloween weekend kept us busy for sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody looks like they are having fun! Those are 2 bugs I'm not afraid of but want to just "squish" them. Give them each a hug from Susie!!!

Natalie said...

What a super cute pair! LOVE Eleanor's expressions and sweet Miriam's smiles!

Natalie said...

Yep. I think that one on the left of Miriam is one of my favorites of her with the cute little half smile. SO sweet!

Unknown said...

Such good memories--I love your powers of persuasion, Brynn, regarding Eleanor's choice of Halloween costume! We all know that won't last forever but it was great for this year!