Friday, December 10, 2010

Meeting Santa


I'm late in getting this posted, but over the Thanksgiving weekend we did quite a few fun things with the girls. Of course, we also hosted Thanksgiving at our house with Mari Lee and Matt & Melissa. Unfortunately, I was so busy running around making sure my dishes were ready that I didn't get any pictures! The hit of the day? Some red Jello that I made with applesauce & 7-up (Amy's recipe). Seriously...it was so good.

The Friday after Thanksgiving we went to Festival of Trees. It's a great place to see Santa because there isn't much of a line. Eleanor was shy and didn't want to sit on his lap (no problem, kid) but she did manage to tell him what she wanted. Her list? An Olivia dress up set, Nina Princess ballerina (a Melissa & Doug wooden paper doll set) and a Tinkerbell clock. I'm sure Santa was able to get all that!





Another fun thing we did over the Thanksgiving weekend was that I took Eleanor on a sleigh ride at Ironwood Springs. There was a group of friends that all took their kids. So, it only cost about $7 per person. There was no snow (it would have been beautiful now because we've gotten so much snow!) but it was still fun. Of course, there were real horses and we went over the river and through the woods!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. A special thanks to Mari Lee who made the turkey, stuffing & gravy. That's a big job & it was fantastic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures, Brynn. The girls are so darling and a nice family shot at the end. Loved seeing it . . . Karma

Unknown said...

Lovely pics. Nice job Brynn. I have told you my jello story regarding church pot lucks in the 50's? ... keep in mind in rural America electricity only came about after WWII. Prior to that only the wealthier people had electricity and a fridge. It was a status symbol to bring jello to the pot luck. When rural electricity came in, everybody could bring jello, and they did! LA