Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's Miriam been up to?

OK, folks. I haven't blogged in awhile, so get ready for the posts to come fast & furious! It's been a crazy summer. Trips to NYC, Bismarck, & St. Cloud and in the meantime I got a raging sinus infection that took 2 rounds of antibiotics to clear up - so needless to say blogging was last on my list. But, I have many updates!! First, I have to start with Miriam because she's changing so much these days and I haven't done a post on her in awhile.



The following are just some random pictures that were taken this summer. The big news here is that Miriam is finally walking!! It's been her summer project. She's been crawling, walking along furniture, and standing for quite some time, but she just seemed very hesitant to take the plunge. She finally just a few days ago got the hang of it. I'll post a video later of some of her first solo walking.




Both girls love to take the couch cushions off and play & make forts. Miriam loves it because she can easily crawl on and off the couch with the cushions off.




Silly girl. She's hard to get a picture of lately because she's busy, busy, busy. But, also because she likes to reach for the camera.


When I try and get pictures of both girls Eleanor has a tendency to want grab Miriam. Miriam doesn't like that and then this is what I usually end up getting for a shot.


Spaghetti night!



Miriam's little personality is developing more and more every day. She still doesn't talk much (or at least say much we can understand) but she says Mama, Dada, and likes to point to things and say "this." She also can identify some body parts (her belly button is her favorite) by pointing or blinking (for her eyes). She understands a lot of what we say to her or commands we give. Eleanor was a very early talker and I can't compare because Miriam just has a totally different personality. Plus, Eleanor does all the talking, so why bother!? :)


Miriam's a sweetie-pie and we love her so!

1 comments:

Roseys said...

Great to see you back on the blog. Both girls are looking great. Hope you are feeling better. We have a new computer so it is great to finally be able to watch the videos. Such fun! love, janis