Monday, November 16, 2009

Natalie's Baby Shower

On Saturday we drove to Blaine for Natalie's baby shower! Her friends Jessica & Salwa hosted and planned the shower and they did a fantastic job. They had great food and (surprisingly!) fun games! My mom and dad were able to make it down for the shower and so the guys (Bahnka, Uncle Jordan & Michael) kept Eleanor entertained during the afternoon.

The food at the shower was tasty. They had meatballs, taco dip and a chocolate fountain!

They also made this super cute baby cake - how creative!

The mom-to-be in her crown with Grandma and Aunt Sue.

This basket was from Mom and I. We called it a "baby starter kit" because it was full of baby boy necessities.

Natalie got many great gifts including clothes, a bouncy seat, high chair, swing, crib bedding and some really cute homemade burp cloths.

It was such a fun day and as a family we went out to Baker's Square afterward. Eleanor went potty while we were there and quickly announced to everyone at our table (and all those nearby) that she went poopy in the potty! It was one of those great parent moments that Jordan & Natalie have to look forward to! :)

2 comments:

BAGVLI said...

CUTE cake - I may have to copy that one, if I ever get the opportunity! :)

Looks like you had a great time. As I mentioned to Natalie, I remember my 1st shower well - it's such an exciting time!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful shower, filled with people who all love Natalie and Jordan. I was thrilled to be there--lots of fun. Thanks to Mari Lee, too, for housing us in St. Cloud for two nights--sorry she couldn't be there with us. The guys did a good job of being daddy, uncle and godfather & grandpa for the day with Eleanor. She felt pretty special and was such a good girl. Thanks again, Salwa & Jessica! K & L