Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Miriam Grace, Baptized in Christ

On Sunday we had Miriam baptized at the 8:30 service at Zumbro Lutheran. She wore her dad's baptismal gown and was a perfect angel during the church service and the baptism. Here are some great shots from the day that Amy took. Thanks for having your camera there, Amy!!




Here is a family shot near the baptismal font. Eleanor is eating a donut because there would have been no way she would have cooperated in picture taking if she didn't get her donut!

At two different moments during the baptism Eleanor whispered to me, "Mom, can I get my donut now?"

Miriam's baptismal sponsers were Matt & Melissa and Mark. Mark came all the way from Colorado for the baptism!

The next set of pictures are our individual families. Here is Mari Lee with her crew...

and my folks with their brood...

Michael's Dad, Pat, and his stepmom, Mary.

Aunt Sue with Miriam

Here is her cute little cake that was shaped to look like a bible.


A couple of funny poses from Eleanor from the day. When we got home she took off the cute dress I bought for her and decided to put on her swimming suit cover up!! Don't argue with the 2 1/2 year old on what she wants to wear!

It was a great day and Miriam is a child of God! We feel so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy girls. Thanks to all our friends and relatives who joined us for Miriam's special day! And, thanks again to Amy (and Natalie!) for taking pictures for us.

6 comments:

BAGVLI said...

Glad you like the pictures. It was my pleasure to be able to take some pics - I love it and am happy to share!

Thanks again for inviting us and letting us share in Miriam's special day. She is a sweet angel and we love you all so much!

God Bless!

Roseys said...

Hey guys,

Everyone looked beautiful for the baptism. Wish I could have been there. Miriam is getting cuter with every passing day. I'm with Eleanor. Where's my donut? Love you all so much, Janis and Jim

Courtney said...

What great shots - LOVE the family one of the 4 of you, so sweet - I think Eleanor with the donut is perfect - now if Michael would have needed a donut to "get through" the picture that would have been another matter entirely! :)

Did Mike and Matt have matching baptismal gowns (where did they come from?) Miriam looks beautiful in the ornate dress.

What a blessing to have so many of your family there for the occasion!

Courtney said...

How do you get words on your pictures - I LOVE when you do that!

Email me!

Anonymous said...

As I recall, Eleanor said a couple of other cute things after the baptism--she reminded the pastor that Miriam was her little sister and then said, "you washed her hair!" after it was over. Very cute--she really took it all in. It was a lovely day and a great weekend. Loved "Joseph", Michael--an absolutely marvelous production. Karma & Laurence

J and M said...

The pictures with the gospel captions are beautiful............I'm so glad everyone got to be there!!!!!!! (And we're glad for miss E's donut).